SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: This position will provide technical input and documentation necessary to ensure that expectations set in the quote and the customer specifications are met. It will also entail the design of capital equipment and industrial processes that enable the handling, metering, recovery, and functional leak testing of products that incorporate the use of industrial fluids or gasses. Committed to personal, professional and technical development and subject matter knowledge.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the development of filling and testing solutions related to refrigeration, leak testing, industrial gas handling and high vacuum systems.
- Performs project lead activities including identifying areas of specification, schedules, budgets and customer relations.
- Actively participates in Project Installation management activities including; contractor planning and management on turn-key projects.
- Identify pneumatic, hydraulic and instrumentation; Develop Bills of Materials, P&ID drawings for equipment; support construction of the equipment; verify check-out of equipment; work with designers on PCU fabricated items.
- Responsible for the delivery of projects to schedule and on budget.
- Provide technical and engineering support on standard products.
- Provide field support and installation support or service as needed.
- Able to work as a participative team member and communicates regularly with all internal company departments and customer personnel.
- Ability to deal with confrontations and maintain a professional outlook and a positive attitude in resolving difficult issues.
- Ability to operate within unpredictable work schedules.
- Support and Maintain Engineering Standards, Administrative Policies, Procedures and ISO Quality/Environmental Processes
- Travel as Needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors of Science degree in related field required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in project engineering of automated capital equipment or special machinery.
- Electrical troubleshooting skill – 460/3/60 Power & Motors, 24Vdc I/O, and instrumentation (typically 4-20mA) troubleshooting.
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills – Pneumatics, including solenoids, pumping systems, compressors.
- Experience with Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, NFPA, ATEX, Six Sigma, ISO Auditor, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement initiatives highly desirable.
- Excellent IT skills in ERP system, word processing, spreadsheets and engineering packages, MS Project
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal.
- History of meeting or exceeding performance goals and objectives.
- Personal energy to always strive for achieving results and perfection.
- Ability to energize other people, assisting them in achieving their full potential.
- The capacity to recover quickly from failure, with the ability to make the tough calls.
- Comfortable with working outside of one’s comfort zone.