SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Responsible for managing a team of Project Engineers and Mechanical Designers as they develop, build, test and install Intelligent Process Equipment in conjunction with meeting annual profit plan goals. Direct input on decisions concerning recruiting, selecting, onboarding, development & advancement of team members. Embraces the philosophy of “Up if Possible, Out if Necessary” for their team. Expected to continue one’s professional development and subject matter knowledge. Required involvement in the formulation & execution of the business’s strategy, with increased responsibility for department’s results.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for employee performance assessment and professional development plans coordinated through Human Resources and their direct supervisor.
- Develop and maintain scheduling of projects from concept through installation.
- Review, approve or modify project designs.
- Assign resources to support development of new products and processes.
- Responsible for assigning resources to support the delivery of projects to schedule and on budget.
- Prepare cost analysis of current and completed projects.
- Ability to deal with confrontations and maintain a professional outlook and a positive attitude in resolving difficult issues.
- High level of understanding of complex systems and equipment integration.
- Ability to operate within unpredictable work schedules.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize and dynamically lead a team within a challenging work environment.
- Support the Technical Services Group to resolve client technical problems.
- Support and Maintain Engineering Standards, Administrative policies, procedures and ISO Quality/Environmental processes.
- Position requires travel.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree within relative field.
- Graduate degree or MBA highly desirable.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with increasing responsibility including leading project teams and prior supervisory experience.
- Electrical troubleshooting skill – 460/3/60 Power & Motors, 24Vdc I/O, and instrumentation (typically 4-20mA) troubleshooting. Ability to use multi-meter, field O-Scope instruments.
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills – Pneumatics, including solenoids, pumping systems, compressors.
- Experience with Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, NFPA, ATEX, Six Sigma, ISO Auditor, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement initiatives highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal.
- Excellent IT skills in ERP system, word processing, spreadsheets and engineering packages, MS Project
- History of meeting or exceeding individual and department performance goals and objectives.
- Personal energy to always strive for achieving results and perfection.
- Ability to energize other people, assisting them in achieving their full potential.
- The capacity to recover quickly from failure, with the ability to make the tough calls.
- Comfortable with working outside of one’s comfort zone.