Production Control Units, Inc.
Production Control Units, Inc.
Designers, Engineers, and Builders of Process and Special Industrial Equipment.
Advancing Technology for 70 Years, Production Control Units (PCU) is a Leader in Precision Refrigeration Handling, Metering, and Recovery Systems for International Industrial OEM’s. With Expertise That Spans the Breadth of High Volume Fluids and Gases, PCU Engineers Customized Automated Production and Process Equipment Systems. Executing on a Brand Promise of “More Than Just Great Equipment”, PCU Delivers Solutions that Result in Client Peace of Mind.
This position is responsible for the repair and test Intelligent Process Equipment. This position works directly with clients on a day to day basis performing mechanical and electrical repair on their equipment. They will also act as a liaison between the client and engineers. Committed to personal, professional and technical development and subject matter knowledge.
Primary Job Functions:
- Perform equipment check-out activities included but not limited to: initial system set-up, initial I/O check-out, verification of electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems, process verification, and support equipment buy-off activities.
- Verify equipment processes and adjust to meet the client required processes.
- Perform field modifications on existing equipment including electrical, mechanical, and control system modifications.
- Manage client service cases to ensure timely closure.
- Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically.
- Provides technical services to clients relating to use, operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Resolve client technical problems with the support of the Engineering Group.
- Support and Maintain Engineering Standards, Administrative Policies, Procedures and ISO Quality/Environmental Processes
- Travel is required for this position.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills – 460/3/60 Power & Motors, 24Vdc I/O, and instrumentation (typically 4-20mA) troubleshooting. Ability to use multi-meter, field O-Scope instruments,
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills – Pneumatics, including solenoids, pumping systems, compressors.
- Ability to make minimum PLC programming edits
- Industrial Networking experience including – Ethernet/IP, RIO, Control Net, and Device Net.
- Ability to operate within unpredictable work schedules.
- Ability to work independently in the field to resolve client issues.
- Flexible to adapt and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
Education, Experience & Accomplishments:
- Minimum Technical Associate’s degree
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal.
- History of meeting or exceeding performance goals and objectives.
- Personal energy to always strive for achieving results and perfection.
- Ability to energize other people, assisting them in achieving their full potential.
- The capacity to recover quickly from failure, with the ability to make the tough calls.
- Comfortable with working outside of one’s comfort zone