Technical Sales/Account Manager
The Technical Sales Engineer, also known in our world as an “Account Manager” is an Engineer that has the capacity to interact at a solid relationship level with clients in a complex sales environment. The Technical Sales Engineer will evaluate business opportunities for scope, technology, and industrial match with PCU’s capability and use sales engineering concepts to deliver a proposal. This position requires the individual to engage in an outreach program to communicate to prospective clients through phone calls, site visits, association meetings, project scope evaluation walk-through meetings, and proposal creation. Once a project is qualified, the Technical Sales Engineer with work intimately with the PCU Applications team to formulate a technical solution. This individual will formalize the proposal, evaluate business metrics, such as running margin analysis to set final pricing, and fulfill the process through submission to the client. There will be 50% office work and 50% travel. This position requires a very high level of ambition, organizational skills, engineering skills, and drive to succeed. They will work heavily in our CRM system and will engage in professional sales training.
- Engineering Degree from Accredited University
- Proven track record of success in active business development or selling a technical product or solution
- Must be willing to make cold, warm, and hot phone calls to prospects
- Must currently be working in an industry related to industrial fluid and gas management systems in manufacturing
- Experience in Project Management, Project Engineering, Negotiations, Customer Service are all a plus for this position
- Excellent Communicator, able to give presentations, and carries high level business conversation skills
- Travel 40% as well as attend industry events, trade fairs, and networking sessions
- This person must have the mindset that training is critical to professional sales and be open minded and eager to learn our sales methodology
- Be proficient with using a CRM software for running their sales program, Microsoft Office Suite, and computer savvy.
- Must be able to travel internationally and will be expected to travel in the Americas
- Must haves: Energy, Energizing Ability, Execution, Edge
To apply, please fill out the requested information below and upload your resume.